Tuesday 30 December 2008

just say it. better.


i had a lovely quiet christmas. i've been eating the icelandic lamb that erla brought me for a week now and it was yummie. i even saved some malt and appelsín throughout the year that has accompanied said lamb and then i got nóa konfekt sent as presents. boy, i'm stuffed!

thank you for all that sent me presents. apologies for the lack of cards and presents on my part.

it's the day before the last this year. hard times but with a twist because it's been one of the most difficult years in my life. and yes, i've had cancer. yes, i've lost people very dear to me. perhaps not comparable. dunno. perhaps your most recent pain is the hardest. i feel like i've said this before somewhere. perhaps, perhaps, i am repeating myself.

that said - i wish my family and dear friends a very happy new year.

hope 2009 brings all the best to you - no matter where you are.

xx

p.s. was going through photos and found this (above). a cute little pub in a small town/village called Killin. i spent my birthday there last year. i was on a trip with writers from uni. i just like the atmosphere. old friends savouring a pint by the open fire (that was behind me).


No comments: